Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

The ladies had their first rainy day at their new home today. They decided to hide under the coop for most of the day. Apparently chickens do not like rain so much. Who would have though, eh? Oh well. We had a couple eggs at least today. It appears that one of the chickens is laying second rate eggs though. At first it was suspected that someone was an egg breaker, but my roommates and I were discussing that maybe the shells are just weak. Nicole accidentally broke a shell when washing off the egg last week, and Bill was mentioning that more eggs were breaking. I wonder if we need to just give them more oyster shells & calcium supplements to ensure proper eggshell production. Only time will tell. Avi wants more chicken photos, so I will do my best to get some more photos on the go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment